Saturday, July 25, 2009

Oh Dorothy, where art thou wisdom teeth?


Hello world. So there has not been any recent blogging activity on my part mostly due to the fact I just got my wisdom teeth removed. As you can imagine it was not very fun. The night before the tooth catastrophe included a couple rousing games of Scrabble. The first round was individuals followed by teams. Very intense. Of course as you already know the next day was the teeth calamity. I don't recall most of it however because of the anesthetics I was under. The days to follow up until mostly included eating fake food (burger king shakes) for sustenance popping Vicodin to ease the pain.

To be honest I have not really been paying attention to the outside world because of my internal debacle. But, dear reader, I would not be writing if I did not have something interesting to produce to you. So instead of diving deep into my inner journalist and reporting about things that have stuck out in the world, I dive deep into my inner musician to report on something else that stuck out to me today, a new song.

Because I wrote it tonight, I do not have it recorded yet. That will come soon and rest assured it will be posted here once completed. I do have it written out though and as a special treat to anyone that reads this, you will see it first before anyone else. In the world. Ever.

So without further ado, I present it to you:





Surrender Dorothy
Verses:
C F G F
A long time ago when things seemed just right
C F G
I opened the door, stepped in to the light
The Beauty that awaited brought me to my knees
For once I saw the sun, felt the cool breeze

I walked along the hillside, crossed over the stream
This day was going perfect, almost like a dream
The she walked up to me, I asked her for her hand
She just smiled and she turned, and left across the sand.

And I say...

Chorus:
FGC
Oh Dorothy!
FGAm
Give in to thee!
FGCAm
Your wish is my command
FGC
So come along and walk with me.

Verse:
A few years gone by, I see her now and then
I want to write to her, but I can't pick up the pen
One day I got the courage, I walked right up to her
Feeling so excited, I burst and and confer:

Chorus:
Oh Dorothy!
Be with me please!
My heart beats fast every time we meet
So come along and walk with me!
So come along and walk with me!

Verse:

And now we've been together, been about a year
To me I'm oh so happy, got nothing to fear
She dances in the moonlight, while I sing her song
The words are pretty simple, try to sing along!

Chorus + Outro:

My Dorothy!
You make me happy!
I surrendered myself to you and you set me free
So come along and walk with me.
So come along and walk with me.
So come along and walk with me. (Am)
So come along and walk with me!

Any thoughts please comment I enjoy good criticism and as always thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment